When insects and other unwanted visitors invade your home, you need, fast, reliable pest control services to eliminate the problem before it gets worse. Insects and bugs can make your indoor living space unsanitary, and often, spraying store-bought repellent won’t rid you of the problem for good.
For thorough, effective pest control in Newport News, call in the experts at Mares Exterminating. We’ve battled our fair share of insects in the past and have the tools and experience necessary to nip pest invasions in the bud.
At Mares Exterminating, we place a heavy emphasis on customer satisfaction, and we pride ourselves on our:
- Prompt response times
- Reasonable rates
- Courteous, dependable pest exterminators
- Don’t suffer with unwanted pests when help is only a phone call away. Contact Mares Exterminating, and get ready to bid your pest problems farewell.
Ant control is a common issue for homes and gardens.
Common ants grow to about 3mm and can live in large colonies. They are commonly found around cone shaped sand piles in pavements, lawn edges and gardens. Ants also nest within structures, entering through small openings in window frames, doors and cracks. They are most active in summer, the time we are most often called on to carry out ant exterminations.
We offer a range of ant treatments depending on the type and location of your problem.
To limit ant infestations you should:
- Rinse and remove all food containers before disposal
- Clean all surfaces, particularly for food containing sugar
- Tightly seal containers
- Clean pet areas and use water moats around pet food
- Keep areas dry by eliminating standing water, fix leaking taps and increase ventilation
- Elevate plant pots and eradicate aphids
- Seal concrete paving joints
- Fill joints, cracks, crevices and electrical pipe conduit entry points
- Weather strip doors
- Remove trees and shrubs from touching the house, and remove rotting wood
- Refrain from stacking objects against the house
Trust the pest control experts
We have an extensive range of services that includes:
- Termite and timber pest inspections
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Building pest inspections
- Termite control and treatments
- Non-toxic termite monitoring, baiting and elimination systems
- Control of all general pests including ants, cockroaches, rodents, spiders, wasps, birds and mosquitoes